musings and rantings of a blue state non bio mom

the real-life adventures of me, my partner, and our journey through ivf-enabled same sex TWIN motherhood (with not so infrequent rantings about politics in general).

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Amnio Results are in!!!

By Thursday, the two of us were going crazy waiting for the results of the Amnio. I know they said two weeks, but we were hoping to find out sooner. So Biomom called over to the genetics diagnostics section of the Hospital and finally, late in the day, they called her back. They had results for Baby B but not for Baby A: Baby B was a girl and totally fine. They had no info on Baby A (about whom we were more concerned because of femur length issues) because, apparently, the cells culture at different rates. So we waited. I had to give a final on Friday, so I was out of commission for most of the afternoon. I was thinking about the amnio results all afternoon long, but I couldn't leave my phone on during the exam. Not only is it bad form, but that's precisely the sort of behavior I won't tolerate from my students. Anyway, I got out of my exam and called Biomom immediately, but she was on the phone. Finally, I got a hold of her, and she was angry that she could not get a hold of me (or her sister, or her mom, or anyone else, for that matter). Turns out that she had to call the genetics folks again, but they got back to her immediately this time, and Baby A was also fine, and also a girl.

So the name game begins in earnest (and we have even more faith in the capabilities of the ultrasound nurse). The choices now are leaning towards:

Ariana Rachel

and

Savannah something or another beginning with or containing an L.


But we are also considering Hallie and Harper and Hunter instead of Ariana, and Simone instead of Savannah. I also like Sophie or Sophia and Sonia instead of Savannah, but don't have much traction on these choices from Biomom (YET).

Vote early and often!

BSNBM

1 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Shana said…

    Congratulations on your partner's pregnancy!

    I run a website that lists ttc, expecting, and new parent bloggers to help us all find one another. I have added your blog to the due date listings. If you would like for me to remove the link to your blog or if I need to correct any information, please do let me know.

    My website is Babes in Blogland and my email address is my3monkeys at gmail dot com.

    Thank you and congratulations again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home