musings and rantings of a blue state non bio mom

the real-life adventures of me, my partner, and our journey through ivf-enabled same sex TWIN motherhood (with not so infrequent rantings about politics in general).

Sunday, April 09, 2006

have we had enough yet?

I'm fed up at this government and everything for which it stands. I never could take it and I certainly can't take it now. This week's revelations about Bush/Cheney's role in the Valerie Plame leak/Joe Wilson discrediting has me fuming---the Congress is willing to impeach a president for interpreting oral sex as not sex at all, when they're not willing to do the same for a president who wastes the tax-payers' money (not their own; the rich no longer have to pay taxes, natch) on a Grand Jury investigation into a leak that it interprets as 'declassification' and 'disclosure'! Amazing.

Then, we have Sy Hersh's incredible report (he's the guy who broke the Mai Lai massacre and Abu Ghraib)--forthcoming in the New Yorker this week The Iran Plans--that the US is considering nuking Iran (like that'll influence hearts and minds).

I'm sick of this guy; I'm sick of everything he does. I am sick of Rummy, Rove, Cheney, and Condi (never mind the stupid laudatory article on her piano prowess in the Arts and Leisure section of the Sunday NY Times). I'm tired of all of this and I am not alone.

For your listening pleasure, head on over here DEAR MR PRESIDENT and have a listen to this Indigo Girls anti Bush tune. And then make sure you are registered to vote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home