musings and rantings of a blue state non bio mom

the real-life adventures of me, my partner, and our journey through ivf-enabled same sex TWIN motherhood (with not so infrequent rantings about politics in general).

Monday, April 24, 2006

drumroll please....

Here are the kids, just shy of seventeen weeks:





Our favorite is the following image, where the two kids are tete-a-tete:



During the ultrasound, Baby A was lounging with hands clasped behind head and kicking a lot; Baby B did a flip. It was totally cool. And yesterday, BioMom felt at least one of them for the first time.

Though this is not confirmed (it will be when we get the amnio results), apparently (according to the super cool ultrasound tech who was happy to spend a long time with us showing us the kids), BOTH ARE GIRLS.

And so, the question du jour is: do we give them androgynous/cool first names with femmier middle names , or do we bow to public pressure and give them girlier first names. WE NEED YOUR HELP!

BSNBM

2 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger art-sweet said…

    I vote for womanly, but not girly first names. I'm not a big fan of androgynous names, but I love older names with some wisdom and guts behind them. Sarah, Katherine, Anne, Sophia, those are all names I love.

    Just my 2 cents. though.

    And hoping the doggy is feeling better. Sick pets suck.

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Katie (WannaBeMom) said…

    I think you give them whatever names you love. I like both kinds personally-- I am fan of some hip, non trad names, but I also think there's something really powerful about a trad name too. When we travel overseas, there's something really helpful about having a name everyone "understands"-- (And to back up Art-Sweet here, it's Catherine, not Katie.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home