musings and rantings of a blue state non bio mom

the real-life adventures of me, my partner, and our journey through ivf-enabled same sex TWIN motherhood (with not so infrequent rantings about politics in general).

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

US MEDIA: Tolerance Unwelcome Here....

OK, it's been a while since I've ranted, but I feel one coming on.

It seems like liberal, tolerant religion is just too...well, tolerant...for our so-called liberal media. While they'll run the hate-filled dross produced by bigots like Focus on the Family, this ad is just way to risque for them. The major networks have all refused to air the following advertisement, which the United Church of Christ is sponsoring:

God Is Still Speaking: The Ad the Networks Don't Want You to See

The ad will run on cable (probably not Faux news, or is it Shlocks news?) but on CNN and other cable networks. Still, what are they afraid of? That too much tolerance and inclusiveness in society will somehow do in the American way?

Anyway, watch the ad, pass it on, and complain to ABC.

BSNBM

2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger TPK said…

    Hey,
    I'm from the Philly area too. Wasn't sure if you heard that the PA Anti-Marriage Amendment will be voted on tomorrow Wednesday, April 5th. I've already emailed my state representative but I'm sickened by this. My partner and I may have to move to NJ if this goes through.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Paul Adams said…

    I just came across your blog and wanted to
    drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
    I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
    If you have a moment, please visit my site:
    pet center
    It covers pet center related contents.
    All the best!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home