musings and rantings of a blue state non bio mom

the real-life adventures of me, my partner, and our journey through ivf-enabled same sex TWIN motherhood (with not so infrequent rantings about politics in general).

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Kids Are Alright!

Well, we're just back from the RE and they look fine. They're measuring on schedule (4.9 and 5.8 centimeters, or thereabouts) and their yolk sacs are fine. They moved around a whole lot less than last week (BioMom was a bit worried about this) but I pointed out that the ultrasound machine at the RE's office is a lot less sensitive than the one at the hospital (yet probably a lot more sensitive than the one at the regular OB's office). There was no pooling of blood detected by the ultrasound tech (and we had the nice one--the one who did NOT mistake me for BioMom's mother--is it my fault that I look my age and she looks twelve?) (But he's also nice because he actually is sensitive to the fact that inserting a dildocam and moving it around a lot just might be a tad bit painful for women, esp pregnant ones who woke up feeling nauseous). Anyway, the spotting remains unexplained, but I hope it stops happening. The kids should not be worrying their moms so much already. There is plenty of time for that.

I really like the REs. It's true that they don't really deal with people who are relatively advanced in pregnancy (as our RE pointed out, she never gets to see ultrasounds of babies that big) but they are really supportive and totally interested in how we're doing. I think it would be unfair for me to conclude that our OBs are not (especially since we've yet to formally meet them, and they did call us back both times really quickly), but right now, I'm a bit guarded. Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted on this, since we are scheduled for our first OB appointment on Friday and maybe then we'll have more answers about the intermittent spotting---like, is it related to a soft cervix, a burrowing placenta, or something else entirely (or nothing at all---which is what gets concluded in the majority of cases. It's amazing how little we really know about the human body, and particularly about the pregnant human body).

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for the support that all of you have been giving us. Hopefully this is the end of the worrisome bleeding.

BSNBM

2 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Sarah and BB said…

    SO glad everything is okay!!

    We were thinking of you both,(all four of you actually).

    Can't wait to hear what happens on Friday!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Kiles said…

    That is great news.
    Take care :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home